This weekend, Arizona builds momentum for its Comicon, screens two SciFi cult classics, hangs out with the Queen of Vampires, and plays some B-ball with Darth Vader.
I know, quite an interesting mix of things going on this weekend.
Thursday, Feb 10th
- It’s getting closer! The Phoenix Comicon is just around the corner.
- Swing by this event (whether or not you RSVPd) and hang with a plethora of nerdy fans.
- They’re also announcing the final guests for the con, and the buzz I’ve been picking up is that they will be pretty big.
- 7pm in room 129A of the Phoenix Convention Center North Building.
- Details are on the front of the Phoenix Comicon site.
- I will definitely be there, so if you are planning on going, let me know so we can high five.
- The Film Bar in Phoenix is finally opening its doors.
- And for those of you who like your women robotic and your Sci-Fi old-school, they’re screening Metropolis.
- Show’s at 10pm.
- If you miss it, there are more show times throughout the weekend.
Friday, Feb 11th
- Meet a modern legend!
- She’s coming out to promote her latest book, sign some copies, and take pictures.
- Starts at 6pm at Changing Hands Bookstore.
- Check out the details here – they’re very clear about the whole meet & greet process.
Saturday, Feb 12th
- There’s another cult movie screening this weekend, and this one is far from silent.
- It’s the 40th anniversary of Mr Kubrik’s film and there are two screenings on Saturday.
- 5:00pm and 9:30pm at Madcap Theaters.
- Get some ultra-violent details here.
Sunday, Feb 13th
- The Suns get straight to the point on their website with this simple question:
- “Can you say Suns Dancers in Princess Leia costumes?”
- Many a Star Wars character will be wandering for pictures, but your own costume might win you a prize as well.
- From free Star Wars shirts to mid-game Star Wars entertainment, it’s win win for everyone.
- Get the details on their site.
I hope I see you at the kick-off!