Your weekly dose of bite-sized buzz and tid-bits surrounding Arizona’s geek culture.
I had a blast at the Comicon’s kick-off event last night. I was able to meet quite a few of you, which is my favorite part of doing a local blog, by far.
Here we go!
The Arizona Pop Culture Museum is opening back up (in phases)
- They’ve got a new location and they changed their name to “The Arizona Pop Culture Experience.”
- Details on their site.
The Arizona Renaissance Festival opens their doors this weekend.
- This baby runs for so long I could mention it every weekend in March.
- Instead, I’ll just share that they’re open for business!
- Learn more on their site.
- Whenever I happen to drive past this place, I think of the movie The Wild Hunt, and get too scared to go in.
The Amazing Arizona Comic Con has confirmed they are returning next year.
- And they are extending the convention by one day.
- Here’s a link to the announcement.
The Gamers’ Inn is running a funny Magic Card contest.
- Win some store credit by creating the funniest Magic card.
- Join the fun here.
The Phoenix Comicon announced their last major list of guests.
- Including actors George Takei (Sulu), Adam Baldwin (Jayne), Elvira, and Nicholas Brendon (Xander).
- The full list of comic book, author, music, and other guests is up on their site.
And, of course, Lightning Octocon 2011 is this June 11th.