Time for another round of Friday Lightning, where I share some of the buzz I may pick up around the local Arizona geek community.
It’s been fun having people start to reach out with tips or with questions.
This site is all about galvanizing and connecting the local geek community, so please don’t be shy!
Wild Wild West Con put out a fun little commercial.
- It’s full of wacky steampunky goodness.
- Strap on your favorite pair of brass goggles and watch it here.
- It wins points for using the Wily Coyote’s extending boxing glove.
- I hope I can make it this year!
On a similar note, a steampunk web series is being filmed in Phoenix.
- I found out a bit late that they were looking for some extras last Sunday.
- Be sure to follow them on Facebook in case they need more help.
- Here’s a recap of the filming from Jackalope Ranch.
The Midnight Movie Mamacita’s new website launched.
The Phoenix Comicon Announced a few more guests.
- Including some from Star Trek: Voyager, and True Blood.
- Nerdvana did a great write up on it with all the details.
Local asthma-hating geeks are still looking for other like minded geeks.
- If you’re a nerd and enjoy breathing, you might be able to help.
- Join up here, and don’t forget your inhaler.
Do you, or does someone you know, work in the video game industry?
- A local gamer is trying to find someone willing to speak at a NARIP event.
- (Particularly about music in the video game biz.)
- If you think you can help, or for more details, you can email him.
I added Game Zone to the map.
- Got a tip that it’s a pretty cool place. I’ll have to check it out.
- Their website seems to be a tad under construction, but I found their Facebook Page.
Got any tips on the nerd scene in AZ? Want to get the word out on something?