This weekend, Arizona gathers its comic book fans, Lovecraft fans, Anime fans, and fans of public pantlessness.
This is the big one, cephalobots! Three cons compete for your nerd love.
Will you go with the comic reading con-next-door? The bespectacled, raven haired con with the “Cthulhu Loves You” bumper sticker? Or, the cute con with the blue hair who flashes the peace sign at everyone?
Either way, go have some geek fun!
Thursday, Jan 6th
- Meet the zombie world’s TV darling!
- At Samurai Comics from 6pm -8pm.
- A presentation on the Phoenix Zombie Research Society.
- Then Q&A with Ms Cowan.
- Official details here.
- A convention of Lovecraftian proportions!
- Four days long! January 6th – 9th.
- At the Mission Palms Hotel & Convention Center, in Tempe.
- Check out their fun programming.
- Get ticket info here.
Friday, Jan 7th
- Dive into an ocean of Anime at TaiyouCon!
- Three days long! January 7th-9th.
- At the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa.
- Looks like some crazy and fun programming.
- Details at their site.
Saturday, Jan 8th
- Claiming to be the first Comicon of the year, this con promises to be ::ahem:: AMAZING!
- Two days long! January 8th – 9th.
- At the Mesa Convention Center.
- Buy tickets here! (Or just about any comic shop in the valley.)
- A lot of local artists and vendors will be representing.
Sunday, Jan 9th
No Pants AZ Light Rail Ride[Lite Rail]
- Here’s your chance to show off those Dinobots boxers you’ve had since the 80’s.
- Organized by the local pranksters who bring you an annual Super Hero Battle.
- Be brave and participate, or just enjoy the show.
- Details here.
So, where you will be this weekend?