Time for another round of Friday Lightning, where I consolidate some of the buzz I may pick up from the local Arizona geek community.
This week, a lot of folks involved with the Phoenix Comicon started reaching out for help. If you’d like to lend a hand, let them know!
Help out a local comic artist who was in an accident.
- On her way to SabotenCon, artist Jolene Houser was in a car accident.
- The community has stepped up and put together a Support Book to help ease the financial burden.
- Pick up a copy on Amazon if you can help.
I found a couple of more places for the local nerdery map.
- Who knows why it took me so long to add the Arizona Science Center, seems like a no-brainer.
- I also found yet another gaming center in the valley – Warzone Gaming in Tempe – but it looks like they closed down recently.
- I’ve removed it from the map.
- Strangely enough, I just discovered this place too: LAN Speed Games in Peoria.
- Looks like this one is still ticking.
Momentum for the Phoenix Comicon is picking up, and they could use a hand.
- Jesse James, the con’s director for all things comics, is asking for some volunteers.
- Kids Need To Read, the charity involved with the Geek Prom, could use some help making “geeky corsages.” (Intriguing.)
- The Gamers’ Inn is running some giant gaming events, and is looking for some creative folks to help run some games.
Desert Bash X Is Official
- Just announced this morning.
- It’s your biggest chance to LAN for charity!
Oh yeah, and I’m blogging for the Phoenix Comicon.
- In case you missed it, I’ll be neglecting the basics of self-care for a few days in an attempt to cover as much of the con as possible.
- I’m pretty excited.
- If you’re going, let me know so I can keep an eye out for you.
Got any tips on the nerd scene in AZ? Want to get the word out on something?