If you’re one of the millions of people out there who feel like the human eye just isn’t quite gigantic enough, you’re not alone. There are scores of fellow anime fans here the in the valley, and they all want to hang out with you next month.
Taiyou Con, an anime based convention, hits the east valley at the beginning of next year, and when it comes to understanding and satisfying fans of the medium, it looks like they know exactly what they’re doing:
- January 7th-9th 2011, at the Hilton Phoenix East/Mesa.
- A handful of fun guests, including:
- Voice actor Chris Cason, nerd bands Kitsune Robot & Perfect Math Class, and costume designer Tristen Citrine.
- Contests, Cosplaying, Raves, Tea Parties, Masquerades, Video Gaming, & more.
- Check out their programing list for details.
- You can get tickets pretty cheap for all three days right now; only $25 for the whole sha-bang.
I have yet to psych myself into attending an anime based event, and I’m wondering if maybe I need to work myself up to an entire con. Maybe I should attend a few Accross Plus meetings first?
Also, I learned that Taiyou means Sun… I think. Any masters of the Japanese language can feel free to confirm.