This weekend, Arizona exposes its local comic book talent, a local SF author, and a video game tournament.
Merry Thanksoween, everone! With the holiday this week, how about your weekly weekend update a little early?
I added the cities the events are taking place in in [brackets]. Let me know if you think it’s helpful or obnoxious.
Saturday, Nov 27th
Creators Appreciation Day [Glendale]
- Every month, Jesse James Comics rounds up a bunch of great local comic talent.
- Check out the list of guests for this month.
- Goes from 11am to 5pm at Jesse James Comics.
- I’ve been to one of these before – check out the photos.
- Official info here.
Bizarre Bazaar! [Paradise Valley]
- In a similar vein, Atomic Comics is also bringing out some local talent.
- Major guests this time are of the toy creating persuasion with Rusted Halo & KILL!
- At their Paradise Valley Store from Noon to 4pm.
- Check out the flyer here.
Brightest Saturday [Glendale]
- And it just keeps going on Saturday!
- Drawn To Comics just told me on Facebook that they’re also having a similar event.
- At their store from 4pm to 9pm.
- Here are the artists and details.
TJ Boyer Signing [Phoenix]
- If you’re a fan of the Mirror Gates Chronicles, their author will be signing copies.
- At Bookmans Phoenix from Noon to 2pm.
- Full details here.
Thanksgiving Throw-Down Video Game Tournament [Chandler]
- Last week as I wrote about the Phoenix Faerie Festival, I kept thinking:
- “Man, Arizona really needs an old fashioned violent Video Game Tournament.”
- Wish granted!
- $5 gets you in el torneo.
- Prove yourself at Tekken, Halo, and Smash Bros.
- At Atomic Comics in Chandler from Noon to 7-ish?
- Flyer here.
And I hope you all got to see the Phoenix New Times Jackalope Ranch article about Lightning Octopus.
It made my day yesterday!
Thanks to everyone who read it and left a nice comment. You are awesome to the max.