This weekend, Arizona has another comicon in Tucson, shows off some rayguns, and invites you to play Iconica with its creator.
And don’t forget, there’s a form at the bottom of the Local Geek Calendar page. Feel free to use it to help me consolidate all of Arizona’s geek events by letting me know what’s missing!
Friday, Nov 12th
- What the… another con in Tucson?
- Yep – all weekend long at The Hotel Tucson City Center.
- “The best little SciFi, Fantasy, Horror convention in Arizona!”
- There’s lots to do and some pretty interesting guests.
- Learn all about it here.
Elvis Knievel’s GALACTIC SHOWDOWN!
- If it’s 2nd Friday, you can count on Evermore Nevermore doing something interesting on Mesa’s Main Street.
- This month they’re showing off Elvis Knievel’s sweet rayguns…
- From the future!
- Showing from 6pm to 10pm at Evermore Nevermore.
- Flyer here.
Saturday, Nov 13th
UrbanSTEW Presents – STEWshops
- If you’re interested in getting into hacking, here’s a good place to start.
- The DIY folks from HeatSync Labs and UrbanSTEW are offering some simple classes.
- Build your own SIMON game, learn about microcontrollers, and more.
- At Madcap Theaters with classes at various times.
- Full info on the classes here.
Iconica Game Night
- Local creator Eric Torres, will be teaching his game Iconica.
- Catch him at The Gamer’s Inn from 6pm to whenever!
- (Seriously, this place never closes.)
- Tell Eric that Jonathan from Lightning Octopus sent you for a free high five!
- You don’t need one to play, but you can get yourself an invite right here.
Sunday, Nov 14th
- If you’re in Tucson and need a break from the con, there’s some Wizard’s Chess to be had.
- “Puzzles and prizes will be awarded throughout the day to anyone who can solve the same chess puzzle Harry, Hermione, and Ron faced in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.”
- Join the blokes from 9 Queens at Mrs Tiggy Winkles from 3pm to 5pm.
- Check out the details, yo.
What are you up to this weekend?