Whether or not fairies (faeries, faeiries, the fae) are your thing, the Phoenix Faerie Festival should offer plenty of magic (magik, magyck, majyque?) for local fantasy fans.
I keep thinking of the movie Labyrinth as I write this, especially that masquerade scene – but I’m sure the festival will offer more than just a celebration of David Bowie’s scene stealing silver pants.
- This Saturday and Sunday (the 20th & 21st).
- At Estrella Regional National Park.
- Looks like plenty to do, and a lot of live music.
- Also, quite a few local fantasy artists and fantasy authors.
- Crafts and a Goblin Market.
- Costumes and light mischief encouraged.
- Check out their official site for all the details.
There seems to be a whole Celtic vibe going on here, as well as an emphasis on bringing the whole family.