This weekend, Arizona takes on the Turkish Star Wars, a horde of anime fans, custom toys, zombies, and 24hrs of comics.
Thursday, Sep 30th
Movie Mashterpiece Theater: Turkish Star Wars
- Apparently spliced together with ripped off clips from Star Wars, this Turkish b movie is supposed to be pretty funny to watch.
- On top of that, some folks from The Phoenix National Comedy Theater will be doing their best to make it even funnier with some live riffing.
- Starts at 7pm at Madcap Theaters.
- Full info here.
Friday, Oct 1st
- And so it begins! SabotenCon starts Friday and runs all weekend!
- Have you gotten your tickets yet?
- At the Hilton Squaw Peak Resort in Phoenix.
- Signings and other fun events follow shortly after.
- Official info at their site.
- (Alright, how many of you are going dressed as The Laughing Man?)
Milk Munny Custom Toy Show
- Hosted by Red Hot Robot and Acrylic Squid, this custom toy show plans on benefiting the Keep A Breast Foundation.
- Over 60 artists will be showing off many, many, customs.
- Doors open at 7pm at Monorchids Studio in Phoenix.
- Big flyer with lots of info here.
Zombie Scavenger Hunt
- Want a chance to win some VIP passes to the International Horror & SciFi Film Festival?
- Form a team (up to 4) dressed as zombies and start scavenging!
- Register at The Lost Leaf at 7pm and go from there.
- Official info on their Facebook page.
Saturday, Oct 2nd
24 Hour Comic Creation Day
- A world-wide event with tons of participating artists.
- The idea is simple: create 24 consecutive pages in 24hrs.
- This year, both Samurai Comics and Jesse James Comics will be hosting participants.
- Let them know if you want to be involved.
- Otherwise, show up and encourage your local talent!
- (If you’re participating, let us know where you’ll be in the comments!)
Am I missing anything? Are you getting out this weekend?