Pirates, Firefly, and Charity. The three go together like “live,” “long,” and “prosper.”
For five years now, your local official Whedon fans, the Arizona Browncoats, have been involved in Can’t Stop The Serenity, a screening of Whedon shows with proceeds going to charity. This year, the Arizona Corsairs are throwing themselves into the throng to help out and add some pirate flavor, since it takes place on Talk Like A Pirate Day.
- September 19th from Noon to 7pm.
- At Madcap Theaters in Tempe.
- The Ice Pirates, Dr Horrible’s Singalong Blog, then (of course) Serenity.
- Live music, sword fighting, belly dancing.
- Proceeds will benefit Equality Now and The Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Tickets total to $17 for the whole sha-bang.
- Official info here.
- Buy your tickets here!
Now, I know you’ve all seen Dr Horrible and Serenity, but if you haven’t seen The Ice Pirates you’re in for a campy treat. It’s a bizarre movie of ambiguous budget, stars the mom from The Adams Family movies, and has a final battle involving time manipulation that would make Futurama proud.