If it’s been around for a solid 30 years, it has to be pretty entertaining, right?
While their logo made me scratch my head (it took a couple clicks to find out it was sponsored by the Central Arizona Speculative Fiction Society), nobody can argue with the longevity of CopperCon or their line up of award winning authors.
CopperCon claims to be Arizona’s premier sci-fi and fantasy convention, and it’s coming up in a couple of weeks.
- September 4th – 6th.
- At the Windemere Hotel in Mesa.
- A whole bunch of SF and Fantasy authors will be there, with plenty of panels.
- Gaming, LARPing, and yes… FILKing!
- Some local teenage robot builders will also be there, which sounds pretty fun.
- It’s a pretty full schedule of things to do, so glue on some elf ears and get out there!
- Tons of info on their Facebook Page.
I really like the idea of a convention that focuses less on promoting movies, TV shows, and video games, and instead dives deeper into books, writing, gaming, and the core of SF and Fantasy – ideas.